Responsible & Reports to: Care Supervisor and Registered Manager / Director
A Senior Health Care Assistant is expected to adhere to the Policies and Procedures of the Care Home relevant to confidences and professional behaviour.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Genuine interest in working within a caring environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Team Player.
- Commitment to maintain your training mandatory training, all training provided by the company and staff individual continued personal development training.
- All recruitment checks, references – DBS – POVA in line with legal requirements for working in the care industry, and CQC standards.
- Minimum of NVQ/QCF level two and willing to complete level 3
- Experience of working with the relevant Client group.
- Knowledge in the Administration of Medications, the undertaking of further training and competency and maintaining this on a yearly basis.
Purpose of a Senior Night Care Assistant
- To have a particular regard to the residents’ emotional needs, comfort and well-being.
- To share with other staff in meeting the personal care needs of residents in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence.
- To help in the care of the residents` physical environment and in the general day-to-day activities of the home.
- To undertake specified cleaning and laundry duties during night shift.
- Carry out checks on residents in line with their personal care plan not exceeding 2 hourly. with due regard for resident’s privacy.
- Assist residents who require support with personal care, in line with their care needs assessment. Maintaining the highest standards in personal hygiene. Promote their independence with mobility, continence, physical disabilities, eating and drinking by following their individualized person-centered care plan supported by the risk assessment.
- Make and change beds, tidy rooms and do light cleaning, empty commodes, clean beds and mattresses.
- Assist in the delivery of care for residents approaching or during E.O.L with dignity and respect.
- Observe care planning needs for residents and complete daily records in line with the client’s personal care needs Company’s policies and procedures.
- Assist in framework of social activities by interacting with residents and helping them continue with hobbies and activities in the Home.
- Answer Nurse Call System, giving assistance as required. Answer the door and telephone appropriately (always greet with a SMILE!). Respond accordingly and pass on messages promptly.
- Report on the well-being of residents.
- Make visitors feel welcome. Provide refreshments/assistance as and when required.
- Clean and inspect equipment used by residents / relatives e.g. wheelchairs, hearing aids, spectacles etc. Ensure the Home is kept clean and tidy, in line with the Company’s attention to detail philosophy.
- Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with residents’ personal and financial affairs and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship that exists with residents. Refer all financial and legal matters to the Registered Manager.
- Inspect residents clothing for repair and laundering. Ensure that all clothing is recorded and clearly marked.
- Read and write reports; take a part in staff and residents’ meetings and in training activities as directed.
- Ensure that all confidential information gained through the course of work will not be divulged to a third party without the consent of the person concerned.
- Such other duties as may be required.
- Understand the senior role concept and have a positive approach to its implementation.
- Undergo supervision sessions and receive relevant training to perform supervision.
- Understand “key worker” concept and forward its development and implementation.
Training and Development
- Maintain professional knowledge and competence in line with the homes training and individual continued personal development.
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
- Participate in relevant training to achieve required qualifications and training skills.
Health and Safety
- Report immediately to the Home Manager any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a resident, colleague, self or another and any emergency admissions to A.& E.
- Understand and ensure the implementation of, the Homes Health and Safety Policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
- Report and Record on Maintenance Documentation to the Home Manager any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment, or any potential hazard.
- Promote safe working practices within the Home.
- Promote and ensure the good reputation & ethos of Bankfield House.
- Ensure that all information of a confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Notify the Home Manager, giving 24-hour notice of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence, completing a “Reason for Absence” form on your return.
- Ensure the security of the Home is always maintained.
- Adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures within the defined time scales.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.
Bankfield House reserves the right to amend this Job Description from time to time, according to business needs. Any changes will be confirmed in writing. Please note that you share with Bankfield House the responsibility for making suggestions to alter the scope of your duties and improve the effectiveness of your post.